Controversial Opinions About Movies Part II

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Vader182 wrote:
October 9th, 2019, 9:49 pm
MeLVaNoaTe wrote:
October 9th, 2019, 9:46 pm
Speaking of controversial opinions, and Killmonger, and why I still haven't seen Black Panther: http://bostonreview.net/race/christophe ... ck-panther
you're not watching a movie because of a single negative article?

ok, what about the outpouring of support for black panther from the POC community who disagrees with that?

-Vader
To be fair I think another review shared the same concern but was still very positive. Still, I am happy for the people that loved the movie. It's just that how we react to art is so personal that I don't think the widespread embrace of the movie will convince me to watch it anytime soon, much less have a different view of it.

Not my proudest moment since I go out of my way to watch all kinds of films.

MeLVaNoaTe wrote:
October 9th, 2019, 10:01 pm
To be fair I think another review shared the same concern but was still very positive. Still, I am happy for the people that loved the movie. It's just that how we react to art is so personal that I don't think the widespread embrace of the movie will convince me to watch it anytime soon, much less have a different view of it.

Not my proudest moment since I go out of my way to watch all kinds of films.
Oh, two articles then? Well that changes things. Two is a big number, you can't mess with it for sure. :blank:

Honestly I found the one article more than convincing enough. Again, this view doesn't invalidate the views of others.