The Lion King (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I guess my biggest issue, aside from most of the voices being wrong, is the fact that Scar now looks like your average zoo lion - sad as fuck. They should’ve mix the realism with animated color scheme more.

Fanmade:

More like this...

So I'm avoiding the trailer(s) because footage spoilers, but I like reading impressions regardless.

When your post popped up with that Scar picture, I thought that was from the film and thought: "Oh no." Personally, I'm sitting here thanking goodness that's just a fan mock-up.

I don't know what he looks like in the actual movie, but I think that's a little much. I guess overzealous photorealism is too creepy for my taste.

Though, I'm really not sure if the "live action" version will translate well for me regardless. Beauty and the Beast didn't.

m4st4 wrote:
April 10th, 2019, 8:54 am
^ Yeah. The visuals are gorgeous though but what else can they be in this day and age, and from absolute professionals from ILM.
MPC.

Cilogy wrote:
April 10th, 2019, 7:23 pm
Rogen, Eisner and Oliver are perfect casting I'm watching it for that
Disagree, in terms of comedy, left field choices are often the best like Crowe in the Nice Guys or Fiennes in the grand Budapest... It would have been great to have at least one dramatic actor in those parts. Here it feels Rogen and Eichner are very much who anybody would have picked, and the choice doesn't feel so personal from Favreau.

I fully expect Glover to be a significant improvement over Broderick though. Easily the weakest link in the original cast.£

Would it kill this bitch to smile?

Master Virgo wrote:
April 11th, 2019, 7:35 am
I fully expect Glover to be a significant improvement over Broderick though. Easily the weakest link in the original cast.£
yeah he always sounded kinda bored to me

Bacon wrote:
May 30th, 2019, 5:49 pm
Nomis wrote:
May 30th, 2019, 5:25 pm
sum posters
They're just...lions lol
There's Timon, Pumbaa, and Zazu too, but yeah, these are weak posters (aren't most character posters?)