The Crown

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Sure. Why not?

Panapaok wrote:
January 19th, 2018, 12:44 pm
Paul Bettany May Play Prince Philip In ‘The Crown’ Seasons 3 & 4
According to reporter Baz Bamigboye, who is usually pretty spot on with his scoops, Paul Bettany is in negotiations to take over from Matt Smith as Prince Philip. There had been rumors floating that Michael Sheen or David Tennant were in the mix for the part, but frankly, they seem a bit too colorful for the buttoned up Philip. We can totally see Bettany nailing the blandly annoyed, handsome devilishness that Philip tends to exude.

However, as Bamigboye notes, there’s no deal set yet. However, fingers crossed, as it seems like some pretty smart casting and one more reason to keep hoping that “The Crown” seasons three and four will continue hitting the high bar the show has set so far.
No thanks

from mind gem to crown jewels. :thumbup:
BlairCo wrote:
January 19th, 2018, 6:26 pm
Sure. Why not?
post filed under doppelganger's recommendations

Nomis wrote:
January 19th, 2018, 8:21 pm
Panapaok wrote:
January 19th, 2018, 12:44 pm
Paul Bettany May Play Prince Philip In ‘The Crown’ Seasons 3 & 4
According to reporter Baz Bamigboye, who is usually pretty spot on with his scoops, Paul Bettany is in negotiations to take over from Matt Smith as Prince Philip. There had been rumors floating that Michael Sheen or David Tennant were in the mix for the part, but frankly, they seem a bit too colorful for the buttoned up Philip. We can totally see Bettany nailing the blandly annoyed, handsome devilishness that Philip tends to exude.

However, as Bamigboye notes, there’s no deal set yet. However, fingers crossed, as it seems like some pretty smart casting and one more reason to keep hoping that “The Crown” seasons three and four will continue hitting the high bar the show has set so far.
No thanks
Why, cause he’s MCU or a generally great actor who could potentially elevate even Smith’s delivery? Genuinely curious.

Oh Jesus you're unbearable

No, because I don't think he's a very versatile actor and he has yet to convince me of having any charisma at all, something which is essential for playing Philip. Smith aced it.

Nomis wrote:
January 20th, 2018, 8:08 am
Oh Jesus you're unbearable

No, because I don't think he's a very versatile actor and he has yet to convince me of having any charisma at all, something which is essential for playing Philip. Smith aced it.
Thankfully he doesn’t have to convince you, he already convinced the world and, apparently, showrunners of this show.

I hope you can find solace in that

Nomis have you seen Master & Commander?

Yes, I have. Luckily one of his better performances, and I really like that film but Bettany still lacks too much in charisma.