Last Film You Watched? VI

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Posts: 8068
Joined: October 2012
Location: Gran Pulse
Kumiko, the Treasure Hunter- 7/10
Image
That ending.
Image

Aside from the ending, the whole move feels pedestrian. Really well shot though. And Rinko Kikuchi's performance was wonderfully tragic which was important consider how pedestrian the movie was. Also never knew this movie was based on a urban legend.

It's a good movie, if you want a deranged protagonist who needs help, as a character study. And i'd say watch it just for Rinko Kikuchi's performace.

what do you mean by pedestrian? im intrigued

Posts: 25760
Joined: June 2011
A Clockwork Orange
Image
Excellent excellent excellent (first viewing)

User avatar
Oku
Posts: 3319
Joined: May 2012
Havoc1st wrote:Kumiko, the Treasure Hunter- 7/10
Image
That ending.
Image

Aside from the ending, the whole move feels pedestrian. Really well shot though. And Rinko Kikuchi's performance was wonderfully tragic which was important consider how pedestrian the movie was. Also never knew this movie was based on a urban legend.

It's a good movie, if you want a deranged protagonist who needs help, as a character study. And i'd say watch it just for Rinko Kikuchi's performace.
I have vague memories of watching this film when it first came out and being angry at how annoying the character was, or something, I don't remember.

All I remember is that the film was unbearable.
Bacon wrote:A Clockwork Orange
Image
Excellent excellent excellent (first viewing)
Book or movie?

Posts: 25760
Joined: June 2011
okungnyo wrote:
Bacon wrote:A Clockwork Orange
Image
Excellent excellent excellent (first viewing)
Book or movie?
Read the thread title....?

User avatar
Oku
Posts: 3319
Joined: May 2012
I meant like which do you prefer...

I know that you meant the film, you said "viewing".

Posts: 25760
Joined: June 2011
okungnyo wrote:I meant like which do you prefer...

I know that you meant the film, you said "viewing".
I didn't read the book. I went into this blind (as I am trying to do with all the rest of Kubrick I have to watch).

Doing research on the differences between the two, I prefer the film's ending greatly.

Posts: 8068
Joined: October 2012
Location: Gran Pulse
mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:what do you mean by pedestrian? im intrigued
By the numbers, doesn't try to change much throughout the story.
okungnyo wrote: I have vague memories of watching this film when it first came out and being angry at how annoying the character was, or something, I don't remember.
Well yeah, since the character was mentally unwell. Just read this- it's tragic basing on a real story that turned into a urban legend.

Posts: 19674
Joined: June 2012
Bacon wrote:A Clockwork Orange
Image
Excellent excellent excellent (first viewing)
nice

Which other films of his do you have yet to watch?

Posts: 25760
Joined: June 2011
Nomis wrote:
Bacon wrote:A Clockwork Orange
Image
Excellent excellent excellent (first viewing)
nice

Which other films of his do you have yet to watch?
All of them. I had only seen 2001 and bits of Strangelove years ago. I'm catching up on them. Bought 4 of his big films at the thrift store (2001, Strangelove, The Shining, and FMJ) and then my friend was nice enough to let me borrow his Kubrick Collection that has all of his films except Fear and Desire (which is available online for free), The Killing, Killer's Kiss, and Paths of Glory. I'm trying to pace them out though because based off my love of Dr. Strangelove and The Shining after finally seeing them (and my new love of Clockwork Orange) I don't want these first viewings to end lol.

I'm trying to go back and watch some films I really should have seen by now. I also bought Citizen Kane and intend to watch that soon.
Last edited by Bacon on January 4th, 2018, 8:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Reply