Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I completely disagree.

ChristNolan wrote:I completely disagree.
About the ESB part, or the Catching Fire being better than the first Hunger Games part?

Both.

granted, the only reason I think it's the ESB of the series is because of the ending

but it's undeniably better than the first film

I mean, the transition from end of the 1st act to IMAX alone is enough to elevate it beyon the trappings of its genre. Then a solid, continuous section of the film is entire in IMAX. Plus, its like exactly how Nolan should have utilized the aspect ratio change in all of his shitty films.

Catching Fire is excellent in almost all areas (although that doesn't mean I'd want him for Star Wars).

-Vader

I have higher hopes for Star Wars.

Vader182 wrote:Catching Fire is excellent in almost all areas (although that doesn't mean I'd want him for Star Wars).

-Vader
Who do you want?

Allstar wrote:
Vader182 wrote:Catching Fire is excellent in almost all areas (although that doesn't mean I'd want him for Star Wars).

-Vader
Who do you want?
Abrams is fine if VII wins me over. Bird is a fine choice, but his work lacks a certain....flair for this sort of thing. And I love Bird.

-Vader

I think Fincher should do it.

Allstar wrote:I think Fincher should do it.
No.

1. Him and Disney have a rocky relationship from the production of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, and as we've come to know, Fincher is not the greatest with tentpole projects.
2. I don't think Fincher would be interested in Sci-Fi after his experiences on Alien3.