Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Vader182 wrote:
February 8th, 2020, 1:12 pm
For those that care about this, Trevorrow's full draft "Duel of the Fates" leaked online:

https://mega.nz/#!MegFDK7Y!dK6dhZsRXTmI ... hSCz0EdmOI

Parts of this are excellent and better than what we got, a lot of it, especially the Rey/Ren/Luke stuff, is truly very very bad.

-Vader
Can you elaborate on the very bad stuff? No chance at the moment for me to read it...

I think he meant the Rey/Kylo/Luke stuff in TROS is very very bad?

Rian on Skywalker.

I wonder if anyone is actually naive enough to think he’s being honest lol.

He's doing the Abrams thing, in that he's being respectful and professional. No need to voice his real opinion in front of the cameras.

But if he really had a blast, I think he would have tweeted about it, instead of just tweeting about what a queen, KMT is.

So it won't reach $1.1 billion, I mean it's still a billion dollars (which is cool) and I figure Disney makes more than enough money with the toys and all, but still.

I guess it's going to take a while before they really get going on new feature Star Wars film. I think the last thing they said about it was that they were focusing on the TV shows more now.
Come to think of it, I think they said that they might approach it more like Marvel. Make more stand alones with the possibility of crossing them over or something.

Not that I really want another Star Wars film now, but I keep sort of laughing at the fact that one day there will be an Episode X and then they are going to cash on ST nostalgia but seriously lol (what on earth is there to be nostalgic about the ST :lol: )

Nomis wrote:
February 11th, 2020, 1:06 pm
Not that I really want another Star Wars film now, but I keep sort of laughing at the fact that one day there will be an Episode X and then they are going to cash on ST nostalgia but seriously lol (what on earth is there to be nostalgic about the ST :lol: )
I guess the kids who watch the ST will grow up and have nostalgia about it? I let my 11 yo brother watch the ST movies and he really enjoyed them. Might grow up to be able to analyze them thru a more critical lens, but he’ll probably look back fondly at them anyway.

But yeah Disney will have to wait about 15 years before making Episode X if they wanna cash on ST nostalgia and having faith it will work :lol:

yeah but still, what could people be nostalgic about. Not these three films on their own, but what is there to be nostalgic about in another ST? I literally do not know lol

Master Virgo wrote:
February 11th, 2020, 12:32 pm
He's doing the Abrams thing, in that he's being respectful and professional. No need to voice his real opinion in front of the cameras.

But if he really had a blast, I think he would have tweeted about it, instead of just tweeting about what a queen, KMT is.
yeah

still though, he's rarely full out dishonest to press. Karina is certainly unhappy with TROS lol.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
February 11th, 2020, 2:12 pm
Master Virgo wrote:
February 11th, 2020, 12:32 pm

yeah

still though, he's rarely full out dishonest to press. Karina is certainly unhappy with TROS lol.

-Vader
What did she say? And yes Virgo, I agree with everything you said.