Justice League (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

If it was under 2 hours I would be worried, but it's not.

Nomis wrote:Is that for the 1.90 aspect ratio for the digi-IMAX screens?
Well regular release is 1.85 anyway so pointless. Probably just so they have it for tv version’s and such.

BlairCo wrote:If it was under 2 hours I would be worried, but it's not.
If you take away credits it is! :D

shauner111 wrote:
Nomis wrote:Where's Wonder Woman's extended cut then?
Because it was well received and there were no signs of the studio meddling & cutting that movie up like BvS/Suicide Squad/JL.
On this point (and this is more for everyone reading), if you as a filmmaker can't get the message of the film across accurately in the format and the time allotted for you

There's a lot to be said about meddling for sure, but while I'm usually rooting for the filmmaker in studio meddling cases, they don't meddle just for the fuck of it. The meddle because they don't have confidence in a film's performance. Unfortunately it's a vicious cycle where the bigger the film is, the more the meddling will actually bite them in the ass.

Like, if the theatrical version of a film isn't its best version then someone has clearly fucked up to some degree, IMO. Or at least that's my theory.

I feel like ... idk, LOTR is the only exception lol

And Blade Runner? Allthough it might not be an extended cut, I'm not sure.

With Justice League I feel like they could easily abandon the whole thing and not release the extended version if it does poorly. If it does well at the BO they'll probably release it.

121 min? I like concise films but I feel like this should be longer than Star Wars.

Why are people acting like they know what the runtime should have been before even seeing it?

BlairCo wrote:Why are people acting like they know what the runtime should have been before even seeing it?
Expectations
akv1984 wrote: People on reddit are talking about how Guardians of the Galaxy was 120 something minutes but I don't know if it's comparable. With this movie, they are exploring the history of Amazons, Atlanteans, and humans, telling the story of these epic battles, introducing and building up new characters and relationships, and just a whole bunch of stuff.

I'm interested to see how they put this all into 2 hours. It is quite a feat.

they are exploring the history of Amazons, Atlanteans, and humans
What?
introducing and building up new characters and relationships
Like every single movie ever released, +2hours or not

There's million reasons to think this movie's going to be ass, but a 2 hour runtime shouldn't really be one of them (we haven't seen the movie)