Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Has anyone else seen these new interviews that came on EW and Deadline today? Pretty interesting how Rian confirmed that essentially Kennedy had no long term three film arc planned out for the characters or story, instead leaving it to whoever comes along next as writer/director
Also, off topic BUT - saw the Potter play today, and reading the reactions and reviews of that... eerily similar sort of backlash from fans, while critics and casual audiences all love it.

I mean this movie is essentially proof by itself of Kennedy not having a pre-planned three- film arc/story.

Dobson wrote:The film received an A cinemascore btw. So general audience doesn't hate it afterall, it's just a very vocal group of disappointed SW fans?
So the movie is generally loved, the backlash is exaggerated and the RT/MC audience score were clearly bombarded with negative votes. Cinemascore is the only one you can really trust, since you know everyone who votes has actually seen the movie.

Great hat-trick by Kennedy.£

Here's a good video summary of fan issues with the film (I don't agree with these) but I think it illustrates what many of the flat out haters feel like (SPOILERS AHEAD):

Saw that video on my feed and I've been resisting the temptation to watch it. Angry Joe was the first YouTube I subscribed to, and I still watch him religiously, cuz I align with his video game views pretty closely, and he's also the first internet personality I really started following.

But I find his movie opinions to be generally atrocious. He likes trash and he talks about movies from the perspective of a gamer.

Fuck it dude, I'm glad this shit is dividing people. We need that in Star Wars.

Why didn't they do what I wanted them to do!?!? This fucking sucks!!
it's great

Cilogy wrote:Saw that video on my feed and I've been resisting the temptation to watch it. Angry Joe was the first YouTube I subscribed to, and I still watch him religiously, cuz I align with his video game views pretty closely, and he's also the first internet personality I really started following.

But I find his movie opinions to be generally atrocious. He likes trash and he talks about movies from the perspective of a gamer.

Fuck it dude, I'm glad this shit is dividing people. We need that in Star Wars.
You may still want to watch it bc these are the things certain fans will be throwing around for years.

Well, I mean Rogue One and Awakens divided people too, over time. This time it was just quicker.£

Master Virgo wrote:Well, I mean Rogue One and Awakens divided people too, over time. This time it was just quicker.£
Nah, this is way crazier, even though it may be a better film than both of those.