Is this Nolan's best film ever made?

Christopher Nolan's 2008 mega success about Batman's attempts to defeat a criminal mastermind known only as the Joker.
I mean for me it is. I haven't seen much of Nolan's movies but something tells me it is. I mean
-He brought The Joker and made him more sinister.
-He brought Two-Face and modified him
-It was dark and violent.
-It has the taste of action and comedy
For me it great and the best movie of Nolan

I disagree.

The Dark Knight is a very good movie, though it isn't in my list of 5 best movies. The one Christopher Nolan movie that is, is Memento.
The main point of my opinion is the way Memento plays with the audience. Leonard knows nothing of what happend before, so what did Nolan? He played the movie backwards. Every scene, again and again, you don't know what happened before, just like leonard doesn't know.
It is brilliant, I never seen a movie like it. The movie is very unique while The Dark Knight isn't. I mean, Nolan and Goyer did write a new story for it, but we've seen Batman and The Joker before. And the movie is quite traditional, from start to end.
But the best part is the twist ending. I love them and I didn't see this one coming! Brilliant.

Still The Dark Knight is an excelent movie, but I think Memento is better!

Well since is rated R looks like I'm gonna have to convince my parents to watch it. If I can't looks like I'm gonna have to waite three years or four. Like I'm gonna have to do with The Punisher.

Is watching Rated R movies in the US really a big issue? I hear a lot of guys about it, but here it isn't a big thing. Movie theatres aren't really checking ages (though basically they still are forced to by law) and on DVD it is never a big problem. Most of the young children (especially boys) have seen action movies like Die Hard on an age of 10.

Yippi-kay-yeay! 8-)

I've seen Die Hard 1-3. My dad says that it depends in the violence. He told me that Memento is "too violent". I'm gonna try to see The Prestige. Let's see if my puppy-dog face can convince him this time.

Site Admin
I agree. I think that The Dark Knight is the best Chris Nolan film. Topping $1 billion, placing it at the 4th highest grossing film of all time [Box Office Mojo] is an outstanding achievement and I think it's a great way to judge how awesome this film really is. Of course, he has the help of the "Batman" title and franchise, but still, it's the film and it's production that makes or breaks it.

AlexHaas wrote:I agree. I think that The Dark Knight is the best Chris Nolan film. Topping $1 billion, placing it at the 4th highest grossing film of all time [Box Office Mojo] is an outstanding achievement and I think it's a great way to judge how awesome this film really is.
Disagreed!
Titanic is still first though I haven't seen it yet. I am affraid I will fall asleep after one hour.

Just because this movie had the bigest box office, doesn't make it the best movie. Everyone is different. Opinions between two people can be the same, but there won't be something where we would all (and then I mean the whole world) would agree on, ever! The question 'Is this Nolan's best film ever made?' will be answered with an opinion. You can agree or disagree, but just the high grossing of the movie doesn't make it the best!

Site Admin
Erik wrote:
AlexHaas wrote:I agree. I think that The Dark Knight is the best Chris Nolan film. Topping $1 billion, placing it at the 4th highest grossing film of all time [Box Office Mojo] is an outstanding achievement and I think it's a great way to judge how awesome this film really is.
Disagreed!
Titanic is still first though I haven't seen it yet. I am affraid I will fall asleep after one hour.

Just because this movie had the bigest box office, doesn't make it the best movie. Everyone is different. Opinions between two people can be the same, but there won't be something where we would all (and then I mean the whole world) would agree on, ever! The question 'Is this Nolan's best film ever made?' will be answered with an opinion. You can agree or disagree, but just the high grossing of the movie doesn't make it the best!
While I agree that the answer to the question "Is this Nolan's best film ever made?" is most certainly going to be the opinion of the answerer, we need a collective idea of how many people think this film is "really good." Think of it as a poll, if you will. The box office numbers provide such a measurement. TDK is Chris Nolan's highest grossing film, so I feel, collectively, as movie goers, we've voted TDK to the top.

If The Dark Knight has worked out a few things I think it would have been (in my eyes) his best film.

- Some of the score. I listened to the soundtrack before I saw the film and loved it, then I watched the movie and was disappointed to find that Harvey's theme was barely used, the excellent second half of "Like a Dog Chasing Cars" wasn't in the film, and i'm not sure I like the loud bit used a few times for Joker (as in when he kills Gambol, also just before that when he gets off the pool table and puts the knife to his face... it was also used during the hospital section quite a bit).

My main issue:

- Last 45 minutes had too much of a focus on moving a bunch of plot points forward and the characters sort of took a back seat as a result (at least in my opinion). It is very noticeable during the transition from hospital explosion to ferry boat crisis.

I really enjoyed TDK, I'd put it in my top 10 movies. But as another member said, Memento was just plain amazing.
Erik wrote:Is watching Rated R movies in the US really a big issue? I hear a lot of guys about it, but here it isn't a big thing. Movie theatres aren't really checking ages (though basically they still are forced to by law) and on DVD it is never a big problem. Most of the young children (especially boys) have seen action movies like Die Hard on an age of 10.

Yippi-kay-yeay! 8-)
I have to sneak in for rated R movies since they check IDs. But I watch rated R films all the time, it ultimately depends on the parents. Mine are pretty liberal to anything.
Disagreed!
I've seen it and I liked it...maybe cause I'm a girl...but the whole ship sinking part was great. 8-)